Tuesday, May 18, 2010

30 years since Mt. St. Helens Blew!

And I graduated from High School! I cannot believe how fast the years have flown! I remember the day the mountain blew....that was the beginning of a difficult summer for me. I lived in Tacoma in the house I grew up in that my parents bought on Tacoma Avenue South when I was 5 years old. We had ASH everywhere and it was a pain in the you know what!

I graduated H.S. on June 10th then in July lost my mom's dad my grandpa to mesthelomia lung cancer although we didn't know what it was then and we do now. I remember we celebrated Grandpa's homegoing with 3 different memorial services and Mom and I sang in 2 of them. We didn't go to the California one. Grandpa's favorite song then was How Great Thou Art and it has become one of my favorites also. Since I am deaf, I signed the song while mom sang it voice.

I wonder what you were doing when the mountain blew 30 years ago today?

No comments:

Post a Comment